Advantages of the Gammalink® Process in Prostheses
The Gammalink® crosslinking process has the following unique features:
- excellent wear characteristics supported by more than thirty years’ clinical results.
- elimination of wear-induced osteolysis.
- the higher surface crosslinking results in superior visco-elastic properties.
- the surface crosslinking limits surface oxidation of the polymer – an important cause of poor wear characteristics in UHMWPE prostheses.
- the process can be applied post-manufacture to any UHMWPE prosthesis.
- the process is highly cost-effective in enhancing the long-term clinical performance of the crosslinked prosthesis.
- emanating from the enhanced surface crosslinking and the way in which the implant is packaged, highly reliable gamma sterilisation ( 25 kGy) can be used without the risk of the radiation-induced oxidation of the surface of the implant.